In his first book, Turn the Ship Around! David Marquet described his experiences as captain aboard the nuclear submarine USS Santa Fe. When he took command, the ship was, how shall we say? “underperforming”
However, after one year, Santa Fe was recognized as the most improved ship in the fleet. In less than two years she shed her infamy as the worst boat in the navy and started winning awards as the best ship in her class.
Captain Marquet has released a new workbook to help others apply the framework he developed over those years of experimentation to their own organizations – to build highly effective communities based on personal responsibility and trust.
Leadership is not for the select few at the top. In highly effective organizations, there are leaders at every level.
Episode host: Andy Cleff
- If you’d like to join the discussion about cruising along at 20 knots at a depth of 400 meters, join us at Coalition.AgileUprising.com
- Please support this podcast by becoming a patron for much less than the cost of a single stainless steel rivet on the hull of the USS Sante Fe.
- Turn the Ship Around!: A True Story of Turning Followers into Leaders
- The Turn The Ship Around! Workbook: Implement Intent-Based Leadership In Your Organization
- Start with Why
- Turn the Ship Around by David Marquet
- Leadership Nudges by David Marquet
- Agile Leadership Europe 2018 May 7, 2018